Miktha Farid studied architectural design for both Bachelor (2012) and Master Degree (2013) by obtaining Fastrack Scholarship Program (Dikti) in Universitas Indonesia. He was actively collaborated as research assistant under design cluster of Architectural Department, UI and has been participated as teaching fellowship for some years including Architectural Design Studio with Prof.Yandi Andri Yatmo and Dr.Paramita Atmodiwirjo (2013, 2012) and Architectural Computer Modelling (2013, 2014). His previous experiences included internship at PT Relife Property, Jakarta and SHAU, Rotterdam. He is currently starting his PhD at research group, design informatics supported by Indonesian Government Scholarship (LPDP). His research focuses on constructing design performance analysis through cinematic aided design in architecture and urban environment. He was also involved in Liveable Cities, Indonesian Diaspora Network Taskforce (NL) and Smart Cities Forum who responsible for organizing collaboration and networking between Indonesia and Netherlands architects, urban planners, artists, and designers. Some his thought about space and architectural discourse can be found in http://reading-space.net/
His research focuses on developing visual design analysis model based on the spatial perspective system. This particularly examines point clouds database mechanism that connected to the textual parameter as design analysis rules for architects and urban designers. By extracting surface of moving image in the real environment, this research ultimately celebrates cinematic experience as spatial quality through cinematic spatial meta-system as by means of the developed model. There are several questions that attempted to be achieved in this research. At first, the questions were excavated by determining surface of cinematic experience that may involve not only physical realities as tangible material but intangible process included dynamic information such as crowded, noisy or lighting as known as immaterial that would also affect significantly to the performance of space. Thus, the questions would emphasize on how can we generate spatial perspective database system that consists of visual and textual parameter as cultural data set? How can we transcode this system into the design performance analysis? In addition to these, how can architects or urban designers employ this model as part of architectural design process? And what are the benefits of this model as digital interface system for the future visual design performance analysis platform? These questions simultaneously addressed in searching the possibility of the other “surface” of cinematic space and its potential as design method in the future architectural construction.
PUBLICATIONS (before coming to TUDelft):
• Alkadri, M.F., Istiani, N.F.F., & Yatmo, Y.A. (2015). Mapping Social Media Texts as the Basis of Place-Making Process. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences. 184, 46-55. doi: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.05.052
• Alkadri, M.F., (2014). Jakarta 2050 Asian Dream. In A.Okabe, K.Yamao & T.Amemiya, Sensible High Density (pp. 37-39). Kyoto:RIHN
• Mapping-Stories:Mapping the Narratives of Urban Context.(2014). Retrieved from http://mapping-stories.com/
• Alkadri,M.F., Istiani, N.F., Yatmo, Y.A. (August 2014). Mapping Social Media Texts as the Basis of Place-Making Process. In Proceeding of the 5th International Confrence Arte-Polis “Reflection on Creativity: Public Engagement and the Making of Place. (pp.434-446 ) ITB
• Alkadri, M.F., Yatmo, Y.A., Atmodiwirjo, (November 2013). Void as Design Mechanism to Create Potential Spaces in Urban Kampung Living. In Proceeding of HABITechno International Seminar. (pp. 114-123) ITB
• Alkadri, M.F., Yatmo, Y.A., Atmodiwirjo, (2013). Void: a Mechanism of Delaying Space. In The 13th International Conference on QiR (Quality in Research). (pp. 1607-1612) FTUI
• Alkadri, M.F., (2013). Waduk Pluit:Design Research. In E.Turpin, A.Bobette & M.Miller, Jakarta:Architecture+Adaptation (pp.192-202). Jakarta: Universitas Indonesia Press
PROJECTS (before coming to TUDelft):
1. Research Grants from Leading Research on Higher Education PUPT about Spatial Transformation of Happy Urban Place (2013)
- Investigated urban public places by urban actors as setting for events and experiences of happiness.
- Developed a mapping procedure to visualize the stories of happiness experienced in particular urban context.
2. Community Engagement Research Grants from Universitas Indonesia about Creative Box Furniture for Creative Learning (2013)
- Improved the value of furniture in the classroom as a trigger in creative learning.
- Developed a model of furniture based on creative design thinking and geometric knowledge for elementary students.
3. Community Engagement Research Grants from Universitas Indonesia about Revitalization Kindergarten Buildings by Using Recycle Materials (2012)
- Generated creative spatial tools between buildings as medium of learning and children as the user.
- Cultivated recycled materials for creative buildings element.
4. Community Engagement Research Grants from Universitas Indonesia about Design and Development of Entrepreneur System in Vocational School - SMK Prisma (2011)
- Organized an entrepreneur workshop for students to collect the innovative ideas for the future career.
- Constructed an integrated information centre for entrepreneurship skills.
5. College Research Grants from Dikti- PHK 1 about Developing Information Centre in Communal Space by Participating in Village Community (2010)
- Discovered potential resource of village in generating self sufficient system for community waste.
- Activated communal space in village community as form of integrated participatory system.
Faculty of Architecture and the Build Environment
2628 BL Delft